Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Where are you, Mr. Sun?


So, yes it is winter, and yes I should expect it to be cold, cloudy and gray out. But I just want to see the sun for one day...the entire day. Is that too much to ask? :-) This guy sits out on one of our back decks, calling to Mr. Sun and requesting an appearance. Not today, it was cloudy and cold all day. But, other than a dozen flurries that tried to act all big and bad, it wasn't a bad day. High in the mid 30's. No snow, no ice so all is good in Nebraska. hehe
Don't let the image fool you. It appears to have sun shining on it from the right, but that was my flash, off camera and set to the side to give dimension. Maybe tomorrow Mr. Sun will grace us with his warmth. And then again...maybe not...after all...it is winter.

8 comments:

  1. I love the detail in this photo! Great job! I would like the sun to have some warmth when it does come out, not be just blinding as it was today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "it wasn't a bad day. High in the mid 30's." That's not "high" Brrrrr LOL. Love the creamy background. Again, another fine capture. This gloomy wheather does make finding good light hard though it does make me work harder to manipulate light myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully photographed, Shawna. You do a great job with that off camera flash. I need to find my old transmittors and receiver and see if they still work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the DOP. It looks like Mr. Sun is taking a vacation. I do hope he gets back soon and gives us some nice light as well as some warmth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like Mr. Sun is taking a vacation. I do hope he gets back soon and gives us some nice light as well as some warmth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful. I love the detail, and it's so cheerful too. (It's been gray and dreary here in Missouri, but the sun is shining finally today.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this. Very nice capture.

    ReplyDelete