Thursday, January 1, 2009

And in comes 2009...

Had you of asked me yesterday, I would not have said it was going to be a happy New Year. 2008 appeared to be going out on a very low note, and 2009 coming in just as low. Without going into detail, I will just say that our youngest daughter was 'missing' for several hours, and no-one knew where she was. She was at a friend's house and that friend convinced her to go with some people that my daughter did not know. (this girl knew the people) My daughter relunctantly went (grrr) and was taken not allowed to leave or be taken home. Her phone died, and she had no way of contacting us. Needless to say we were panic stricken and scared to pieces. Several hours later, we received a phone call from someone who noticed her, cold and alone. She had left the location (abandoned place) and started to walk. She had no idea where she was and wound up lost and scared.
She is home safe now. Needless to say, she will be ever going with anyone she doesn't know again, even if her friends know them. Hard lesson learned, a lot of tears shed and nerves frayed. We are so thankful that everything turned out ok. She isn't the same today. I can't put my finger on it, but she is somewhat withdrawn and quiet. Just not herself.
The pictures aren't very good, they were taken today with my camera phone. (which take crappy pictures) but I don't care. It is of our daughter, home safe, and we are thankful.

4 comments:

  1. So sorry this happened but SO glad she is home safe and sound!! Hugs to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God she is safe. This had to be horrible for all involved. I know what it is like to think you may have lost a daughter (car accident 2005) and she survived. You need to look at the new year as "it has to get better, can't get any worse". My heart go out to you, please give her an extra hug today for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give her time, let her talk (or not) as she needs to. I'm so glad she is home safe. It doesn't matter how old they get, that panic of where are they never lessens. May the new year bring you all great job, happy memories and lots of laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that she is home safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete